Sunday, August 22, 2010

Granada

The second I set foot in Granada, I fell in the love with the city. It's such a beautiful, quaint place with gorgeous buildings. We settled into our hostel, called Funky Backpacker's Hostel, once we arrived Monday morning. First hostel experience! I should've taken pictures but unfortunately I forgot to... We had a nice private, four bed room with our own bathroom too!

That day, Mu-Ping and I followed Rick Steve's Old Town self-guided tour. I swear by Rick Steves now. If you don't know, Rick Steves is the author of a series of guide books, and is AMAZING. He tells you all the good spots to hit up, yummy restaurants to go to, etc. We now refer to him as "our friend Rick" =)


MP & I exploring the city!

We met Stella later that afternoon at La Alhambra, the main tourist attraction and big site in Granada. It lived up to all the hype. Beautiful.


Charles V.

MP and me in front of Charles V palace


Me inside Charles V palace! I look tiny huh?


Nasrid Palace.





La Generalife gardens.









Afterwards, we walked to the Albaicín district, the ancient Moorish quarter of the city to see the spectacular view of La Alhambra.





It's a shame we only had one day and one night to spend in Granada. We were really sad when we had to leave already the next day.. I would have to say that Granada is definitely one of my favorite cities in Spain! But we were off to the next leg of our trip--Sevilla!





No comments:

Post a Comment